Online Shopping Information
What is it?
Circular shopping is our way of helping consumers shop sustainably. It is based on the principles of circular economy, a system that attempts to minimize waste by keeping products and materials in use for as long as possible. We do this by offering our products in reusable containers compostable packaging or no packaging at all such as fresh organic produce, keeping single use plastic packaging from entering the waste stream.
How does it work?
When you shop on our website you will see that many of the products have an option that includes a ‘Glass Jar’, ‘Glass Bottle’ or another reusable container option. When buying these products you’ll notice they include a refundable deposit amount in the price, when buying one of these items you will pay the deposit and upon return of the container, either to one of our drivers or to our store, your Daily Goods Store account will be credited to the value of the returned containers.
Please note that container collections and fresh produce deliveries (this includes fruit & veg, eggs and breads) only apply to the circular delivery option (which you will see in shipping options). The circular delivery option is only available to our service are, which you can view below.
What if I live outside the service area?
If you live outside the service area you will still have the option for courier deliver nation wide but this means you will not be able to order fresh produce or have you container collected and refunded. For this reason we also offer a paper bag container option for many of our bulk products.
We will be continuously expanding our service area, keep an eye on our social media pages or sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date with progress.
You can also collect in store at 29 Palmer Road, Muizenberg or at our sister store, The Conscious Co-Op at 92 St. Georges Streets in Simon’s Town.
When do deliveries happen?
Delivery happens every Tuesday and Friday. Orders need to placed the day before by 2pm. Orders placed after this will be scheduled for the following delivery day.
If you are collecting from one of our collection points your order will be ready for collection by 2pm on either Tuesday or Friday.
Orders are delivered between 2pm and 6pm so please make sure someone will be available to receive your order between those times.
- All our fresh produce comes from small-scale farmers and suppliers, this means that availability of these items is limited. If we are unable to provide with you items that you ordered due to lack of availability we will credit your account to the value of the missing items.
- Our fruit & veg is all grown organically, this means the farmers do not use pesticides or other chemicals on their crops. Because of this you may find the odd snail or insect on your veg (this is a sign your veg is healthy and chemical free), so it’s important to wash your produce thoroughly before consuming.
- Produce marked *Limited* means that the supply is more limited than usual and there is a greater chance of you not receiving these items to due availabiltiy.
- Only reusable containers from The Daily Goods Store are eligible for deposit refund, no other jars or other reusable containers will be accepted nor broken or damaged containers.
- For Circular Delivery, upon delivery of your order to the specified delivery location, if their is no one there to accept and sign for order your order will be taken back to our premises at 29 Palmer Road, Muizenberg where it will be available for collection. The delivery charge for unaccepted deliveries cannot be refunded nor will uncollected orders be refunded.
- Upon receiving your order please check that you have received all the items on your order, by signing for your order you agree that all items have been delivered and received in good quality.